The Grace H. Robinson Memorial Scholarship is open to incoming and returning Howard University students who are permanent residents of Los Angeles County. The scholarship is intended support students who have a proven commitment to service and academic excellence.
Scholarship Candidate Requirements
- Current resident of Los Angeles County
- Graduating high school senior who has been admitted and attending Howard University within the upcoming Fall semester
- Transfer student from Community College or Four-year College that has been admitted and attending Howard University within the upcoming Fall semester
- Undergraduate students returning to Howard University
Applications may be requested by contacting the Scholarship Committee at email@example.com or by downloading an application here.
- Official sealed transcript (from current high school, college, or Howard University)
- Completed scholarship application
- Three signed letters of recommendation on official letterhead. Letters from family members will not be accepted.
- 350 – 750 word essay
Application Evaluation Criteria:
- Submission of complete application materials by Monday, May 15, 2017
- Quality of letters of recommendations
- Essay Precision (grammar, clarity, focus, etc.)
- Wednesday, March 1st – Scholarship will be made available for application
- Monday, May 15th – Application Deadline
- Saturday, June 10th at 9am-2pm – Scholarship finalist interviews
- Saturday, June 15th – Scholarship recipients are announced