October 9, 2017
Dear Howard University Community,
I am pleased to announce that we have reopened the decanal search for the School of Education. Dean Toyin Tofade, College of Pharmacy, has agreed to chair the committee comprised of faculty, students, staff, and alumni.
We anticipate the new dean will bring leadership and vision to the school, while preparing students to work in all arenas associated with the field of urban education. The dean will promote academic excellence through the educational and research programs of the school, while building alignment with internal and external stakeholders in the field of education. Below is the list of confirmed committee members:
School of Education Dean Search Advisory Committee Members
Chair: Toyin Tofade, Pharm.D., Dean, College of Pharmacy
- Kenneth Anderson, Ph.D., Interim Associate Dean for Academic Programs and Student Affairs; Associate Professor, Department of Curriculum and Instruction, School of Education
- Wilma Bonner, Ed.D., Director of Teacher Education / Licensure and Certifications, School of Education
- A. Wade Boykin, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Psychology, College of Arts and Sciences; Director, CAPSTONE Institute
- Chase Frazer, Graduate Student, Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies, School of Education
- Kimberley Freeman, Ph.D., Associate Professor and Chair, Department of Human Development and Psychoeducational Studies, School of Education
- Lisa Grillo, Ed.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies, School of Education
- Diane Placide, M.A., Alumni, Department: Human Development and Psychoeducational Studies, School of Education
- Kathryn R. Procope, Head of School, Howard University Middle School of Mathematics and Science
- Veronica Thomas, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Human Development and Psychoeducational Studies, School of Education
- Shaquira Williams, School of Education 2017-2018 Student Council President, Department of Curriculum and Instruction, School of Education
- Kevin Washington, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department: Human Development and Psychoeducational Studies, School of Education
The search committee serves as an advisory body during this process. To find highly qualified candidates, the committee will work with Mr. Dana Cohick, Vice President and Senior Consultant, RPA Inc. We strive to maintain our continued commitment to academic excellence, training top quality students and providing educational programs of the highest caliber. The recruitment and retention of deans, who will provide leadership and vision for the schools and colleges, is of the utmost importance to the University.
Please direct any recommendations, nominations or expressions of interest to Mr. Dana Cohick, RPA Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org. The search process will maintain strict confidentiality of all candidates. Please forward your suggestions as soon as possible in order that they be given full consideration during the recruitment process.
We sincerely appreciate your assistance with this nationwide search.
Excellence in Truth and Service,
Wayne A. I. Frederick, M.D., MBA